When in doubt, pedal out!

When in doubt, pedal out!
It's what I do.

Drink up!

Drink up!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Training: dia numbero uno!

This morning....er..This AFTERNOON was the start to my first day of training. I am setting some physical activity goals for myself this spring season. Nothing short of crossing some finish lines ;] My running partner and teammate, Angela ran a good 3 miles today in some realllllllly nice look division of SM. I kept thinking thing is where all the Red Permit people dwell. Well, I'm thinking it was a nice neighborhood, and I did something thinking while I was running. (more on that later). 3 miles came and gone, and I thi....yea, I know I could have gone 1 more mile for sure. The idea is to get to 13.1 miles without passing out, collapsing or run in the wrong direction. I really want to finish this run, not just to finish, but to encourage myself to stay active and become healthier. The Austin Marathon, as Angela puts it, is to help train for the spring triathalon. Running is a way of getting there (no pun intended...btw, I love puns)! This girl needs to get into the water pretty soon and make some waves.

So I'm going to include a little summary/stats of the run/workout for the day.

Week 1, Day 1: 3 mile run (41 min). followed by protein shake and some migas :) Run consisted of encouragement and motivation and just good talk. Post stretch was real good. Hams are super tight, and need a good stretch. Where is my ma-soooos?

Its amazing what we learn about ourselves when talking to someone else. I've grown, but there is sooooooo much more to go. big thanks to the women in my life who have helped shape me.

Everything starts w/ the 1st step. got to start somewhere. Right about now is a good time.

No comments: