When in doubt, pedal out!

When in doubt, pedal out!
It's what I do.

Drink up!

Drink up!

Monday, December 14, 2009

Fall 09

What a feeling! I just turned in my last document for the fall 2009 semester and I'm DONE! Well, not completely done. I still have to shut down my building and ensure that all of my students have left the premises. But its hard to believe that 2 years ago I was sitting in a very different office a couple of streets away from this very desk, and experiencing life in a completely different perspective.

We all make changes, some small others monumentus. But all are in regarding to the gears in motion. Right now, for me, it's about staying in motion. I don't know where my road is taking me, and each day I wake up thinking about my next step and getting prepared for it. New job, new university/college, new location. I have met some of the most unique and powerful minds in my classes. From Professors, cohort, assingments, assistantship and the occassional (yeah right) stress that faces me everyday has pushed me to a different level. I am a new woman each day. I don't doubt it for a second, but I know I am blessed. I know there are people on the other end of this monitor that may never have the chance to learn and expand their exposure. Let me tell you, if you want it - go get it. It doesn't matter what it is, jut get it.

I'm running a half marathon on Feb 14, 2010. In my mind, I have done it, just need to get my body to the same place. March 2010, I flying up to Chicago for some hopeful job opportnities. Who knows what will happen. My career appetite is far and wide, so this could either help me or hurt me. April 2010, my hall and another is putting together a fundraiser 5K. It's all for charity, just hoping it all works out. And sometime in April or May 2010 I'll return to the tri world and complete number 2 with my friend, Angela. It will be her first, and I don't want to miss it. It's the swimmin I need to work on big time. If you want it -Get it! I got to eat my own words.

Come Jan 2010, is my last semester of Grad School. (pause) I can't believe it. Alum and my past co-workers were not kidding it was going to fly. I started this post by where I was 2 yrs ago. Now, I wonder where I will be next year. God willing, I hope to have a job. And God willing, I hope to stay focused for the next step in my career and education. May 14th, 2010 2pm is branded on the finish line tape. It's me vs me and that is the way I like it. But I could not have done any of this without the neverending support of my family, friends and colleagues. Like I said, I am blessed. Believing in oneself a milestone for me. I am here.

Run. Read. Eat. Cycle. Write. It's what I do. Swim TBA.

If you want something....now is the time to plan. Get yours. You are powerful. Don't deny yourself anything.

E.

1 comment:

CQ said...

beautiful. your words, your heart, and your spirit.