When in doubt, pedal out!

When in doubt, pedal out!
It's what I do.

Drink up!

Drink up!

Friday, October 24, 2008

NKOTB




lol...yeah you read that right.

So this boy band (guilty pleasure #13) that I use to listen to growing up decided to go on tour. So me and some girls had to part take in some boy band action. AND we had to do something pretty different - we made shirts! Yeah, we went there and made some sweet shirts! My friend John at printthistx@yahoo.com made some sweetness to rock for the special day :) Yeah, it was amazing!

We took the night step by step and rocked our faces off song by song!! I don't what it is. There is a sea of women and they are screaming for these 5 boys from Boston. I need to clarify, I do not scream, I yell. Oh and did I ever!! I Jammed and Danced my way through each song. And if I didn't know the words to the new songs, I learned as I went. Half of the time, I would have guess to say what they were saying... which makes me wonder. I think my cheering and yelling and dancing, made me want to be a part of this boy band-ness :) Yeah, I would have rocked that. Ahhh - the new cd, The Block is a keeper. Thank you for the copy, ay :O)

What else? Random, but as I was walking to the end of the line to catch up with my friends I noticed people in line were not smiling!! Why the heck would they not be smiling? It's been 14 years since the last time a New Kids album was released - and they got sad face all in the air!! No good. So I played with the audience. lol side note: what is this orientation?? lol End side note. I love that! So through my chit chat and some light light light flirting some may say, I ran into a friend of mine from middle and high school!! random. I remembered her name was Teresa, but I neglected to say it. Do you know the most important word in the world? think about it. Are you done thinking?? It's YOUR NAME!! balla. that is a whole other entry, but just think about that.

The concert was more than I could have ever asked for in a Friday evening. So glad I was able to make it out there! Amongst kindred spirits. Lives that were connected long before we all ever met, through this band. Making people smile and dance.

I was playing song number 1 of The Block (new album....which I mentioned earlier in this post by the way) and one of my RAs asked me who was the band. She was REALLY surprised to know it was NKOTB. She didn't know they could be that cool. lol. :)
Lovely.

PS. One of her friends went to the show and heard I went too. Next response was "I didn't know hall directors could be that cool."

haha! I love it!

No comments: