When in doubt, pedal out!

When in doubt, pedal out!
It's what I do.

Drink up!

Drink up!

Thursday, August 07, 2008

A quarter

I got my suv back....she's up and running.  Although Mr. Mechanic said I might need new tires b/c one of mine has a bubble and may blow out.  Wow - if it's not one thing, it's the other.  I totally sound like my mom when our mini van was acting up.  Actually, the first time I ever heard the word "alternator" and "sylenoid" (which I'm sure I'm misspelling) was when we had the mini van.  I loved that ride.  I would snag the back seat b/c I could fit perfectly across it.  Loved it!  

Well, I have Taylor back (my suv - and yes, almost everything has a name.  Why not?) and I'll look into some tires after I get them inspected.  Ching, I'm just thankful I got a vehicle.  It's been crazy hot outside and riding my bike super fun, but it's just hot!  OK ok, I could be elsewhere in some desert heat.  Point taken.

Tonight, I had a softball game.  We lost.  We lost by 2 points.  I didn't like the fact that we lost, but oh well.  We all did the best we could and to me that is all that counts.  We play again next Wed and we'll do better fo' sho'.  

Had a lat night treat at Sonic with some team players.  Good stuff.  A sonic girl hooked me up with some soda to make a coke float from my vanilla reese's peanut butter cups shake. Yeah, there were not that many reese's in it, so the float was a shot in the dark and I was pleased to get some beverage.  

I got home, answered some voicemails as I changed to go for a bike ride.  Yeah, it was 1030pm and I wasn't done with my day.  I still had some energy and felt like spending it on my bike.  Went to Wells to attempt to deposit a check (no envelopes  = sadness) and then to check my mail!  What up!  

My night was a bit better.  I don't know sometimes ....well, we all have our good moments and then those that are opposite than a smile.  It didn't hit me until I just sat down to write this, but I'm trying to work on this change thing and letting something go.  For instance, at the softball game I found a quarter.  I smiled b/c really - who ever finds a quarter?  It seems that almost everytime I have a game, I find change.  The light hits the coins well and I just pick them up.  Here's the thing - I smiled for a few reasons.  1. Free money - hello!  2. I remembered an old friend who would always try to be funny and take my coins. 3. And lastly, I realized that change is good.  I guess God is just trying to get me to seriously remember that.  It is good.  And it's ok to let go of burdens.  If something is weighing you down, shoot - just let go.  I should def spend that quarter somewhere.  Hello laundry fund.

It's been one of those days.  Ummm....I kinda feel like Doogie Houser, MD writing in this thing sometimes.  Homeboy should have coined the word blogg back then.  Cha- Ching!  Now, that would be a lot of coin!

Final thought: today was well spent (get it coins...change....get it?  yeah I know you do).  Despite the craziness.  The headaches.  The silly running around.  I realized as I started my late night bike ride that all three of my family members called me today.  Mom, dad and bro.  I felt the love right at the very moment of that very thought.  A phone call is so powerful.  Even if it was a voicemail.  Love it.

Pedal OUT, 
E.


Correct spelling is Solenoid :)

1 comment:

CQ said...

nice- you are talking about the beauty of change in the $$ way and in a previous post you talked about change also but in the other way. Wordsmithin'

peace to ya'frogg