When in doubt, pedal out!

When in doubt, pedal out!
It's what I do.

Drink up!

Drink up!

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Cheers!


Snap - Good Times!  I just spent the evening with some good people and strutted our way through First Thursdays in Austin.  Good stuff!  Two of the people in the group were newbies to the festive event which made it fun to show the area around to them.  One of them grew up in the same neighborhood as my dad and his brother and sisters.  Ahh - I love me some family.  So much history.  Puro Laredo.  Puro Proud.  Love it!  And I'm from Corpus!  :)

Check it - this time around, one of the participants decided not to wear heals and going out clothes, but was rockin a dress!  Actually two of them were making their way sporting dresses.  Looking fly- I hope they have passports!  Mine, of course, was at the cleaners, thus, I dressed in comfy tank tops and shorts. :)  Yeah, that is how I rock it.....I don't do dresses unless, MAYBE someone is getting married or something huge.  I did have a sweet yellow messenger bag that was mistaken for purse. Ummm, no.  It was clearly a messenger bag.  Messenger bag.  The Pirate made an appearance and so did another Laredoian too.  I wonder if I spelled that remotely close to correct.

Dinner at Doc's.  Walking South Congress.  Hitting up the tables. Looking at crafts.  Eating a Pop - So Cool.  Love it. I even bought a ring.  It just popped out at me, and I couldn't take my eye off it.  Girly moment #2 of the evening.  Whatev - it's a sweet ring.

The night progressed and after feasting on a veggie burger, salad and snacks along the way I couldn't help but smile along the way.  I know it is not everyday that I get to see these people, so I just take it in whenever, wherever I can.  Love it.  

And love me some Austin.  I get teased sometimes that I'm always there and should move there.  Yeah no, but I wish I could.  I am dedicating my next two years to San Marvelous and then we shall see.  Weird, but in 2 years, who knows where I will be.  Who knows where YOU will be?  Where do you want to go?  If I got a reader out there....write down right now where you want to be.  Do it.  Right now. I'll be waiting.  I want to hear about it.  In fact, if you want to let me know - go for it.  You can go anywhere and do anything....ANYTHING!!

This weekend, a good friend of mine will be celebrating her 30th birthday.  IF you are reading this - Happy Birthday to YOU.  You have lived so much that I think you have lived for others too.  Pedal your way into your new year.  It's going to be something very unique and special all that it should be.  Love u!  And thank you for inspiring me to just be.  

Here's to all the birthdays (yeah you!!) this weekend and all the grand promotions (atta girl!!) and all the celebrations to be celebrated!


E.

Random, but I think I met Hello Kitty.

No comments: