When in doubt, pedal out!

When in doubt, pedal out!
It's what I do.

Drink up!

Drink up!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sweet n Sour

So we had 2 softball games tonight.  The weather was humid and a bit rainy.  We were short a player or just a few and totally borrowed a guy from the other team.  We all had some great and amazing plays and hits too.  But in the end we came up short. Rats.  

No there were no rats there that was just me saying it.  Rats.  We all like to win it up, but sometimes we just gotta be on there lower end of the stick and take it like a .....well just take it.  Get a straw and suck it up as my fellow bloggin friend would say. 

Game 2 was rather interesting.  I had a chance to get some energy from some tasty cupcakes that were especially delivered from my friend's gf.  Thank you!  Amazing cupcakes.  Boy do I love me some cupcakes dot com!!! Maybe b/c I'm only five foot nothin (ok AND half an inch) and I feel like a giant when I eat one!  Raaaaarrrrr!!!!  N-E-ways....the cup and the cakes were great and def shared with my teammates.  Needless to say - I have one left.  Maybe I'll save it for tomorrow....if it can last.  The interesting stuff on game 2 was that we were behind and started to catch up.  This team was good, I'm not going to lie, but I just felt we were missing something.  Then we started to click.  Well, I have to say we were holding out own throughout the game.  I was pitchin, and was not consistent AT ALL.  My bad guys.  And gals too.  You know what I mean.  But this was random, I lost my right contact after being frustrated with pitching and found it on my shirt.  Thank you contact lense fairy!!  Yeah, here is me trying to pitch with only one good eye!  That reminds me of someone....who could it be???  A pirate?  No.  Someone else.  Well, I'm only going to say this once, ok, maybe twice, but clearly everyone was ripping that ball.  We started to catch up.  I almost forgot, but I hit a 3 run homer.   !!!!!!  Those exclamations were delayed, b/c I just remembered and it just now hit me.  And also, the left fielder just stopped running after the ball.  Apparently his knee gave out.  I hope he ices it.  He got me out later - guess his knee wasn't all that bad, but still he should ice it.  We were inches in closing the gap and in the near end, we tied the game.  The other team did win by one point though.  But some much happened in that one hour.  Gotta take the good with the bad.  The sweet with the sour.  Can't let the outside stuff wear you down.  

I went into the games hoping that walking into my happy place would allow other stuff to be postpone.  I did shake it off, but it allowed the little things to make it's way in.  I don't know, I have always been good at shaking stuff off and just talking it out.  I may have found my kryptonite.  Everyone has something and until I work it out, it's always gonna bug me.  So I'm gonna fix it.  

So here to a glass half full.  And a here's to the people around me that always find a way to refill my glass.  Dumela.  

E. 

No comments: