When in doubt, pedal out!

When in doubt, pedal out!
It's what I do.

Drink up!

Drink up!

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Love/Hate...Just run it!




I just came back from a friend's place and an eventful day.  This consisted of training, working, working out and hanging out with friends in no particular order - well, training was first.  :)  Have you ever just known it was a long day when you start referring to morning events as a couple of days ago?  Well, I completely did this earlier tonight.  
Officially I have been gone from my last job for exactly one week.  I miss my colleagues from admissions, and starting to adjust to life literally on campus with housing.  The greatest thing about this is that I'm on the same campus and surrounded by supportive and good people.  A week of training is now complete and I feel like I'm learning a new language.  Ever been to another country and was slowly picking up what people around you are saying?  Yeah, I feel that way a bit, but in a good way.  I'll get there and I'm sure there will be a sweet t-shirt and or polo at the end to greet me at the finish line.  But really, it's higher ed people, there is not finish line.  There will always be students and I'm real pumped about being a part of it. :) 
Tonight, out of no where I decided to make a run through campus.  UP and Down those library stairs.  Not once or two times, but on each stairway.  So that would be a total of six times.  Feeling a little bit like Rocky I out there.  Minus the morning air and minus the fab statue at the top.  Although we do have a statue on the opposite end of campus and one in the center.  Did you know there are 46 stairs that lead up to top??  Ah yeah!  Feel fly and just truckin along.  I made my way to the opposite end of campus to Old Main.  :)  MY favorite building.  This is where it all started.  The very seed to our campus.  My route continued through our park, all the way to the stadium and to HEB, over the railroad tracks, past the Veteren's Memorial to Cancun Rob's (which was bumpin!!) and up the Edward Gary Hill.  Low and behold there were 2 girls coming down the hill and I cheered them on.  Our town is such a small world of a place b/c I ran into one of my former student workers!  lol  I love it.  Talked for a hot second and made my way back.  An hour run is just what I needed.  The whole time I had some random thoughts.....  Like why did you forget your iPod.  Normally I have it, but tonight I went truly solo.  I thought about the upcoming months.  What should I expect and what will be expected of me.  I thought about people who I care about.  Loves lost.  And what love will be in my future.  I later wondered - will I have the opportunity again.  I don't know, but I do know that I'm an optimist and I always looked my glass as half full.  If it isn't I'll talk about it, but I will find somewhere and somehow to get a refill.  I always do.  But honestly, if its meant to be, it will happen.  I also thought about my family and what a strong foundation they are to me.  My parents have done more than I could ever have asked and I'm just so proud of who they are and their love.  They amaze me.  I also thought why don't I run more often?  It's such a treat to spend that time solo with the pavement and the ground you run on.  It's always there waiting for you anticipating your arrival.  And it's not going anywhere....unless it's San Marcos and the road is getting a makeover!  I get a lot from a jog like that.  I hope others find a way to spend that me time.  It's amazing, I just felt like I conquered out there, and I just ran.  :)    
Actually, I'm glad I left my iPod at home.  It was well worth it.  
Not to mentioned - I got to ride my new bike home from my friend's casa.  Oh, it's a sweet lil' mountain bike.  It's super dark blue with some Sol cerveza and lil' devil stickers on it.  It's a diamond back and really simple bike.  I love that I actually take it around campus and to HEB.  We'll see how much I ride in the future, but wow - I just love it.  I think it's more of a he this time around.  Chase, my road bike is a definite she but is a complete tomboy.  Where does she get it from I wonder?  Anyhow, the mountain bike was basically free thanks to Sprint and Craig's List.  Sprint sent me a cell phone that I wasn't pleased with and when I tried to send it back - they said keep it or give it away.  Umm, so a day later I put it on CL's to barter for a used bike....2 days later, my dad and I are putting on new tires and tubes for my new bike.  New to me kids.  It's so fly it needs a passport!

Big thoughts for today:
Be patient with yourself.  All that you need will come to you when it is the right time.  Just be patient.  :)

Dueces are still wild, 
E!  

No comments: