When in doubt, pedal out!

When in doubt, pedal out!
It's what I do.

Drink up!

Drink up!

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Changing Gears


I'm slowly getting settled into my new place on the WESTSIDE of town.  Slowly I'm figuring out that I have alot of junk ALOT of stuff that maybe I should have deleted from my side years or months ago.  Slowly I'm gaining the strength to donate it and throw away what needed to tossed many moons ago.  :)  I have give goodwill at least 8 big bags/boxes of stuff.  And 2 big bags of clothes to friends.  But dang, it's hard to get rid of the physical things that have so many memories attached to it.  Some memories still hurt and some just made me laugh in the moving process.  As weird as this sounds, I'm pretty damn grateful for both.  In all this, I have most def re-learned the trueness of a friend.  I'm incredibly thankful for each person that has walk along the side of me, in front of me, behind me or just crossed paths with me.  And I'm even thankful for those that just popped in for a second.  I feel slightly changed with each encounter and I tend take a little piece of them with me.  Even those random strangers that are passerbys.  Love me some strangers.  Nothing more fun to wave hi at a sexy stranger in a car and get a huge smile back.  Haaaay!  Happy Fourth!!  I'm still smiling.  I still concur, I have no game.  lol

So I'm moving.  I'm changing gears for a bit.  I'm going back to school.  I'm changing jobs.  All these changes and I'm still standing....or technically sitting at the moment.  I never thought I would see the day.  I have often thought what the day would look like when I leave a place/job I love so much.  How can one walk away from something they love, something so secure and something that you just know so well???  I don't know.  I just had to Dive In and do it.  Snap.  It was not an easy choice to make, but one I knew that needed to be made.  Through this transition I have discovered more about me than I thought.  I like to think that we all find something new about ourselves in times of change.  It's exciting to get to know a different side of yourself.

I know the only way to grow is to change it up.  I'm pumped about that!  It's like a pet fish.  You buy a fish and put it in a fish bowl.  It's only going to grow as big as the fish bowl.  Change the bowl, you change the fish.  Just gotta TRI.  Yeah, I learn plenty from my one triathlon.  It was hard, intense, uphill battle, but something I always wanted to do.  I'm feeling this change.  I know I'm going to tossed a lot of verbage that I'll have no clue what it means.  But I've learned before, so I'll do it again.  

I guess what I'm trying to throw out there is that..... if you want something - go get it.  It's all yours for the taking.  No matter what it is.  I would put it on a silver platter for you if I could.  There is nothing that you can't do.  You want it, eff, go for it.  You have nothing to lose, but all to gain.  

One of my most favorite quotes is from Nelson Mandela and it goes...

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  We ask ourselves who I am to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?  Actually who are you NOT to be?"

It's brilliant and perfect.  Step outside the lines and that box. Do it up and do it big.  You are worth it.  

:) E.




No comments: