When in doubt, pedal out!

When in doubt, pedal out!
It's what I do.

Drink up!

Drink up!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Green Lights!


Something that I noticed...I feel physically stronger than yesterday. I'm waking up in the morning and telling myself if I ride 20-30 min that is 20-30 min of cardio closer to my goal. I'm down for that. I love having my trainer already set up and ready to go. I hope on with my glasses, strap on my Lake shoes and this girl is good to go. The coolest things about a trainer is that there is:

No traffic! & No red lights!


And, not that I'm condoning this behavior, but I can ride w/out a helmet on the trainer. Although, one time I should of been wearing a helmet while on the trainer. An intense song came on the ipod and I stood up and fell over, lol dumb ass. PS. I always ride with a helmet outdoors when I'm w/ Chase (road bike). It was funny though! 8)

Lately, I have been focusing on strengthening my upper body and I can feel the soreness in the morning. Lovely. Today was bike then abs in the morning. And tonight I ran a 1.5 miles on the treadmill at a 5.o incline at 4 mph, and then hit the track for .5 mile sprints w/ one of my students. I don't know what came over me, but I just had to run some more.

Chale, and I wonder why I'm hungry? lol Yeah, I'm more than sure the metabolism is cranking and rising as it should be. I have been just crazy hungry the last few days. I had my two classes tonight. During break of the 1st class I swiped an Einstein Honey Whole Wheat bagel with a veggie smear. Oh, you think I was in heaven!! It's so good. It's a meal trade, so it doesn't cost me anything. Thank you Res Life! And a powerade. Which might I add, I nearly spilled that on my paper I had to turn in. Snap, I would have been - oh well and let me dry it off. I did gasp though. phew! Thank goodness for quick hands! And, in between both classes, I went and swiped a veggie burger from the Den. Oh, I totally tossed out the bread and just ate it. One of my classmates thought that was the strangest thing, but he seem to understand. Let me break this down. If I can take out the unnecessary food, that is less crap I have to run off when I hit the track or hop on my bike. Less is more. And, you gotta ask yourself, is it fuel or food?

I know that I need to refocus on the type of intake I'm feeding my body. So important. I know its not easy to just eat the right thing. It easier when you eliminate all the junk food from your pantry and start from square one. If you are reading this and have yet to do that...start on Feb 1. Try it. Start small and do it for one month. It can be your own personal Lent. Treat yourself to some goodness and good food. You deserve it. Your body will thank you later. I guarantee it.

Ok, I'm about to shut down and hit the pillow. Oh I love a good sleep. Next goal, is to get more hours of rest. That maximizes your workout by the way. 8) Yeah, its the jam. When you wake up, you basically did another workout in your sleep....just by catching some Zzzzzz. And on that note....G'night!

May your wheels spin and take you the distance. Thanks for reading.

E.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

always love reading your posts my friend. I've had a few close encounters on my trainer where I've though I should have been wearing my helmet too! Luckily Furley was the only one around to laugh...and he did!

~ride blessed