When in doubt, pedal out!

When in doubt, pedal out!
It's what I do.

Drink up!

Drink up!

Monday, December 01, 2008

Never Give Up



With Finals around the corner and monsterous tasks at hand and graduation for some, I refer back to this picture my coach provided me in 12th grade. It was, among anything, one of the greatest tools in my box. He probably will never know this, but I still refer to it as my motivators upon uphill metaphoric battles. Our softball team was hand delivered a packet of information on the opposing rival team late in March. Coach knew that if he was able to provide the mental tools, all we would need to do is outplay the girl in our position on the other team.

Sidenote: one of the team members of the other team is now a close friend of mine. I love when life works like that.

In the game packet, was a picture of a surprised pelican and more than eager frogg. No doubt the pelican was hungry. No doubt the frogg was thirsty and fighting for life. I can't imagine the grip the frogg has on this bird, but from the looks of it, its about holding on and gripping life. The frogg, probably from the other angle, has white knuckles blaring behind the pelican's throat.

My message. Don't give up on yourself. Keep squeezing. Keep walking. Keep strutting. Keep breathing. No matter what uphill battle you are facing, keep going.

If you find yourself walking through hell, keep walking. -Winston Churchill. I'm sure no one likes to admit that they have been in that dark place, but if you have, I'm sure you have an appreciation for a brighter day and life.

So, Walk it out. Literally.

Elisa.

PS. Oh and we won that game in extra innings. 3-2. It was a sweet day. Our knuckles were white and our smiles were wide.

2 comments:

snsparks said...

Amazing... exactly what I needed!

Thanks dear!

Frogg said...

Thanks Sparks. Never ever give up on you. We are our best investment. Just believe. Squeeze that pelican and let me see your knuckles white!

E.