When in doubt, pedal out!

When in doubt, pedal out!
It's what I do.

Drink up!

Drink up!

Monday, August 04, 2008

1 Mexican wrestler, 1 pirate, some pizza, 1 cousin and a possible new battery??




This weekend had so many turn of events, I don't know where to start.  First off, I will say that I'm incredibly thankful for the friends that I have in my life.  They are a big reason why I'm able to stand.  But I def will give me some credit too.  

Sat was good times.  I worked a bit in the early afternoon, attended a work blank-quet and picked up a friend and headed to Austin.  Typical Sat or so it seemed.  I informed my friend that, everything or everywhere we did and went that night would be something new.  No matter what.  From the very place we parked my ride, to the very place we showed our IDs and to the very place we sipped thru our straws.  New.  And so we did.  ha - except once.  Now, b/c I vowed to never post a pic of my friend - we'll call her Dee Dee, with beverage in hand online, I will most def keep my promise.  Oh, but I have such a great photo that I might have to frame :)  Sometimes our word is all we have, and I'm going to keep it.  

Ah, but the evening was grand and we got to hangout with our friend we'll call "The Pirate" and another called Roommate.  Oh, these names.  Whatev - it sounds all Dick Tracy to call them this.  

After one dollar bet, one mexican wrestler and my random high fives to strangers....the night progressed to a little place we call heaven.  Ummm, we will call this place Homeslice.  Well, b/c that is it's real name.  Oh this was our pleasure principle ala Janet Jackson.  We completely bypassed Roly Poly O's and headed to South Congress for some long awaited pizza.  The trek there reminded me of the movie Harold and Kumar go to Whitecastle.  You can just taste what your craving are Clay Aiken for.  Although we did not have any hurdles but red lights, we got there in no time.  

So there 4 of us are making comments about our evening on the west side of town in between the long desired bites.  And my friend the pirate is eyeing someone b/c I see him staring.  He is looking or possibly checking out some girl in line.  I follow his eye sight and what do I see - MY COUSIN!!  lol!  :)  I haven't seen her since June (or maybe May), and go fig, last time I saw her was on South Congress for First Thursdays.  Love this girl!  My little cousin.  Ok, not little.  She is def a lot taller than me and a few years younger, but you know they will always be your little whatever - forever.  I couldn't believe.  It made me smile just thinking about it.  I love my family to the end and back.  I realized how much I missed home and the people who fill that "house."  Cousin and I got to talking and we will make some plans to hang out soon.  It made me laugh some b/c we were getting after each other for not calling one another to go out.  I sometimes forget I have a relative 30 min away from me.  So blessed.

It was a great Sat.

Sun was eventful.  I was a bit bummed out though.  Just one thing.  One little thing.....

My suv, Taylor died.    Randomly, a mechanic drove by me and my 2 friends and stopped to help us out.  Ah geez - I guess something like this was supposed to happen sometime or another.  I am more than sure that I take care of my ride.  You know the saying - be good to your car and it'll be good to you.  I told Mr. Mechanic that I was a bit embarased that I got stranded, but he assured me that not matter what you drive, that something like this happens to everyone.  That made me feel a bit better, but did not bring my car back to life.  Right now, my ride is in the hands of the mechanics business and I'll find out tomorrow around 1pm the status.  I'm just praying it will get better and not cost too much.  I know that God does put people in your path for a reason - and I'm super duper thankful that I wasn't stranded too far and distant from the people who helped me.  Thank you.  And to Mr. Mechanic guy - thank you too.  This is interesting, but when I was stranded with my first car, the same friend was there to rescue me.  Thank you Rocky! 

God, you do wonders.  Blessings.

E.

No comments: