When in doubt, pedal out!

When in doubt, pedal out!
It's what I do.

Drink up!

Drink up!

Monday, August 25, 2008

Just smile.

I feel like my days are as busy as ever. The students are moving in and getting situated. We are muscling through requests, handing AC probs, interesting situations and we keep rockin that smile. All and all it's good.

I realized I haven't been on here in a while, so that just made me realized - yeah, its been a bit on the busy side. No worries about that b/c I'm learning lots. The staff is more than amazing and I couldn't be more pleased. I'm excited about the staff development and how these students are going to grow in the next few months. Crap - I'm wondering how I'm going to grow in the next few also!

Grad school starts the day after tomorrow and I have a blender of feelings about it. I feel anxious, nervous, a bit timid, but one the surfaces the most. Readiness. I feel ready for it. I think I have the last few years to thank for that one. So much change has happened and I just kept second guessing the whole thought of heading back to the classroom. I want to do this. Who knows, maybe I just think I'm ready. Well, I'll find out in a few days, ay. Whatever this semester and the next two years hold, I just have to start it with a positive attitude, pray for the best and work hard. The rest will fall into place.

I got asked some personal questions today that got me thinking. Got me thinking about relationships and what I was looking for. I'm pretty sure that everyone is looking for same thing. I mean really - who wants to ask for someone who is mean, foul and rude? Of course people want someone fun, someone to make them laugh, someone to dance with (ok, the dancing is more for me - lol). I guess for me....it's someone I can make laugh, someone I can love and hopefully love back. Someone I can cook for and teach me a thing or ten in the kitchen. Someone who might like try new things like being outdoors. I mos def want someone who is trying to understand themself but still wants to learn more about them and accepts their flaws. Sometimes things cannot change. I'm cool with that. I know there are things about me that I'm trying to change, but that will take time. I'm learning as I go. It's the little things too that I like. One day, when the time is right, it will happen. Love will makes it way through my door. So glad I have an open door policy.

I guess I have love on my mind for today. Crazy. Crazy like a straw.

I read this quote on my friend's desk and I'll leave you with it....

"Don't cry because it's over...smile because it happened." I don't know who wrote it, but it makes sense. It's bittersweet thing to swallow, but once you do, you can turn the page to your life and move on. Well yes, one you turn that page, you can start writing some new stuff. Here's to page turning. Today was my day to just smile.

Dueces....yes, they are still wild.

E.

No comments: