When in doubt, pedal out!

When in doubt, pedal out!
It's what I do.

Drink up!

Drink up!

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Walk it out!


What an amazing day!

Lots of great things happened but there is one thing I want to mention as of now.  Shoes.  Random random.  I was recalling a conversation I had with a friend of mine - and she told me I had a lot of shoes.  I beg to differ, but I see where she was coming from.  She was not referring to high heeled stilletto or however you spell it type.  She was referencing my shoe for almost every sporting event.  :)  I think we were bowling, and my shoes look like 8th grader Tony Hawk Airwalks.  I have to admit, they paid for themselves.  I'm not the best bowler, but the fact that I have shoes, people think I am.  Negative Space Ghost.  It just means that they were on sale at Academy and I like to bowl for fun and not have to pay for shoe rentals each time I go.  Yeah - my bowling kicks are in my suv as we speak...well, as I type and as you read.

OK, so the last pair of shoes that I acquired are Lake Tri shoes....for FREE!!  :)  Heck yeah!  I'm so thankful!  One of my old roommates, who is 5'11" gave them to me b/c they didn't fit her.  I'm 5' 1/2"...that is 5 foot and half inch and they fit me.  We wear the same size shoe - so odd, but so great!  amazing.  lol - the next decision is to decide to keep the same pedals, or find some sturdier ones that will help with my power transfer on Chase.  hmmmmm..... ok ok, I will get back to that later.   The reason for the tangent and the talk about shoes is this.....

There is a shoe for every occasion.  For every part of your life.  You might just need chanclas (flip flops - racial slur! sorry bud) for a lighter part of your life...and sometimes our lives will require steel toe shoes.  I believe that the basis of our foundation is through our walk.  Where we go and what we experience will recreate or add to our core and strengthen us for the next step.  Spiritually speaking we will never walk alone.  Physically, we might be by ourselves, but when you check your tracks that you have made - you are never solo.  The times when you see evidence of only one set of footprints - your footprints are not your own, but will be deeper b/c you were carried.   I love the thought that I was being carried during my harder days.  I know that I couldn't do it alone.  Walking through a valley is not the easiest, but looking back - I'm glad for 2 things.  Knowing that I wasn't alone and that I just kept walking.  It sucks and yes it is hard, but the best thing to do is keep walking.  Cry it out, laugh, get mad, but whatever it is - just keep walking.  I'm pretty sure that I wore a variety of shoes during that walk.  Mostly runnin shoes, b/c that is a pair that kept me movin'.  But not high heels.  That is way too girlie.  But shoot, you know I can rock them too!  :) 

Whatever the case may be, just keep walking.  You will get to the place you need to be.

E.

No comments: