When in doubt, pedal out!

When in doubt, pedal out!
It's what I do.

Drink up!

Drink up!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

mmm pie!!


I love me some PIE!! (Hence the photo) I did some help in the kitchen from some great ladies assisted in producing 2 good sized pumpkin pies. Yum! Needless to say, the next day one of my students asked if they were store bought. I stopped what I was doing to make sure she knew that they were hand crafted from my kitchen. Holla! We had a good laugh.

Now, I do heart all the Thanksgiving food around the table. And, there are times when I feel like a vulture circling my way around the kitchen smelling all the goodness mom has made and brother too. It's all so fun. I love me some Thanksgiving Day! I don't know, there is just something about it. People just saying thank you for what they have is just plain awesome to me. I love that. I will have to watch calorie intake and not get too carried away, but so hard to resist when you are in mom's kitchen. There are no rules. :) Ahhh - I will wear my strechy pants! What if I set up my bike on a trainer at the Thanksgiving table?? Solution? Suggestion? I will probably end up wearing the food. And that is a Thanksgiving Food Foul! yellow flag! penalty box - 2 minutes.

My brother and a good friend of mine will be traveling down to "C dub" as Cousin calls it. Ummm - that is the first time I have ever heard Corpus called as such. I'm down though.

So far this semester has brought me some smiles, truth and good people. All for which I'm so incredibly thankful for in my life. I know the Good Lord continues to funnel goodness this way. Even the hurdles and trivial things are in good favor. It's just knowing that they are in place for a reason and it will make the traveler all the more stronger along the way. I'm down for that.

Goals for Thanksgiving:
1. Quality time with family
2. Bike ride with my dad
3. Homework (articles and role play - don't ask)
4. Trip to the waterfront
5. Learn how to make empanadas
6. Laundry

And just enjoy it. Ok, so I know Laundry and family time should never be on some goal list, but whatev. #1 is a given. Love me some RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRamos time!

The thing I'm most thankful for is just life. I know I didn't have to be here today. It's a miracle to just wake up and take that first morning breath. I would love it if I had a balcony that I could open up the double doors and just take in the air. I'm sure I would get some looks from my students if I stepped outside to for a morning breath of air. hmmmm - I think I might start doing that. :o) I'm bound to almost do anything these days. Just creating boldness to my dash. I said almost!

Don't hold back. If you feel like doing something, do it up! It might be the best memory and experience yet!

Here's to you, yours and your family! May your cup runneth over with blessings this Holiday season!

Feeling Thankful,

Elisa

No comments: