When in doubt, pedal out!

When in doubt, pedal out!
It's what I do.

Drink up!

Drink up!

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Why Bob Why?!

I'm in the middle of writing a paper for class and have got a little side tracked. I have learned to either fight temptation or give in and take care of whatever it is that is distracting me. Usually it isn't for that long and I have got it out of my system. Plus, it allows me to have more consistent time on my what I'm trying to accomplish. Or I just try to take care of the BS. :) Yeah, I think you would agree to that more huh. Or if you only knew :)

OK, so I'm about to get ready to go play some flag football. :) Now, I'm not 18, nor 19. I'm about to go play a sport that is going to leave me sore for probably most of the upcoming week. Not only that, but these college kids are pretty serious when it comes to intramurals. I'm not going to break anything when I play, so if I must dive for a ball..... I better catch it, and be able to get up. Oh Geez- what did I get myself into. I'm shaking my head left and right for those of you, all of you, that cannot see me. But I'm also laughing and smiling. Yeah yeah, I love sports. Love them to the moon and back. But I love my health more. It'll be fun times and I'll get to interact with these kids born in 1990. Oh yeah - I went there.

So here's to you the reader. Here's to the Chupacabras and a winningful...and safe night!

Oh snap, so our team had a scrimmage game last week against a group of 18 year old boys. lol. I'm still laughing. I'm so glad they went easy with us during plays n snaps n interceptions. Well, we caught one and they caught the most. Anyhow, I thought it was something out of movie when the boys decided to play shirts and skins. lol. Where were my other friends - they would have loved that! Well, I still felt like I was in a movie. I will say chivalry is not dead. They boys were polite and let our non 18 yr old co-ed team gain some yardage on them. lol - it was eventful.

Here's a thought. Ever wonder why some people are great multi-taskers and able to listen and retain everything? Then you have a population of people who can only do one thing at a time? Yeah, there is a whole study of this, and guess who's reading about it. If you say some pirate.... well, you're close. It's the pirate's friend - me. It's good stuff.

There is so much going on right now, I don't know how to post it in words. But the good thing is that we are all still standing. Stay strong, stay tall in all that you do.

It amazes me to see such maturity in youth. This week, my friend buried her mom. Her kids, which I have known for almost 10 years are great bearers of my smile. I love those kids as if they were my own. I saw them this week, and they were young young adults. OK, not young adults, but you can see the makings and early stages of adulthood. Almost as if they were embracing the fact that they are growing up and handling life well. One of the kids is my Goddaughter. I'm so proud of her. I love them truly equally. The boy just turned 12 and I remember when I first met him. I felt like a parent when I saw them. I guess that is the paternal side of me loving. I can't wait till later in the future when I chat with them about their adult hood. My friend and her husband are raising two amazing people. I just feel so proud when I think of the kids. My prayers continue to go out to them and their family during their loss. If you are reading this, please holla out some prayers. I know the family would appreciate it. Don't worry about the names. God know who you are praying for.

Did I get all that I need out on this posting? lol, mostly. Till next time.

Daring you to run,
E.

No comments: